My vegan brownie is the most popular post on my instagram, so I couldn’t not share the recipe! Its decadent, super rich, guilt free and vegan! It’s so simple and the prep can be finished in literally 10 minutes. Brownies are best served gooey, slightly raw giving them their iconic fudge textures.
- 200G 70% or over dairy free chocolate
- 20g cocoa powder
- 200g caster sugar
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 190ml oatly or almond milk – guideline
- 40g vegan flora
- chocolate chips, white chocolate, oreos, any garnish
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 130g flour ( can do gluten free)
Preheat oven to 160 degrees and grease baking paper and line a small tray, around 8 inches, shallow in depth. If you are adding chocolate garnish and want it melted, add 5 minutes into cooking. Add oreo after cooking, when warm. You can mix any nuts through your batter, berries, any flavour you like. For a blondie, use white chocolate
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave, or use a saucepan to simmer water and melt in a glass bowl (make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water)
- Once melted, whisk in the sugar off the heat
- Sift your flour into a different mixing bowl, add cocoa powder. Slowly incorporate your oil with your chocolate mix, mixing as you pour. Fold your chocolate into your flour, add vanilla
- You will have a thick batter, don’t be too vigorous, slowly add your milk until its a nice, smooth thick brownie batter. You may need all the milk, you may need less or more – just a guideline
- Pour your batter into your tray, cook for 12 to 18 minutes, until the outsides come out clean with a toothpick or fork, and the middle is nice and gooey, almost raw consistency
- Once cooked, allow it to cool slightly then chill in the fridge in the tray (20 minutes)
- Take out of your tray, portion however you like
Serve these beautiful brownies with custard or vanilla ice cream. I promise make these and you won’t regret it!!!!
There’s lots more to come – Follow me and leave me comments on how you got on!