Summer Fruit Trifle
As the weather is getting warmer and there is plenty of summer fruit around. Our Summer Fruit Trifle recipe is a really refreshing dessert quick and easy to make . This recipe is a healthier version . As we are using half Greek Yoghurt and half Double cream. If you can’t get hold of any cake, you could add some Granola to the base to give it an extra crunch .
You can get your little ones to chop the strawberries , weigh our the berries and maybe add some extra fruit that they like. It’s a fun family recipe where everyone can get involved in whipping the cream , Chopping the fruit to layering the fruits, and grating the chocolate to make this delicious dessert.
- 1½ trifle sponges, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 120g summer fruits
- 60ml Greek yoghurt
- 60ml double cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar, sifted
- 2 squares dark chocolate
1. Use a knife to spread the jam over the trifle sponges and place the sponges into the bottom of a serving dish.
2. Spoon the fruit over the sponges.
3. In a bowl, fold the yoghurt and whipped cream then sift in the icing sugar. Spread over the trifle using a spoon.
4. Grate some chocolate over the top of the cream to decorate.
For more recipes to enjoy making with kids, Follow my blog profile
| Asma Awan
Cooking with Kids