The recipe that I shall be sharing with you today is a healthy version of Pakoras. Traditionally pakoras are fried, but we are going to oven bake them.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 – 25 mins
- 1 Medium sized Onion sliced
- 1 Medium sized Potato chopped
- 1 Chilli chopped
- Handful of fresh chopped Coriander
- Handful of Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 5 – 7 heaped tablespoons of Garam Flour – (gluten free as made from chickpea and yellow split pea)
- 50 – 100ml Water – you may not need all of it – use a little bit at a time.
- Salt to taste
Makes 10-15 pakoras
- Mix all the above ingredients in a medium sized bowl, except salt.
- The salt goes in just before you put them on the baking tray
- The mixture needs to be firm consistency not runny or hard (like coleslaw)
- Heat the oven at gas mark 6 / 180c
- Spray the baking tray with fry light
- Spoon out the mixture and put it on the tray
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up
- Spray the pakoras with fry light
- Pop them into the oven for 10 mins, turn them over and leave for another 10 mins until cooked through
- Serve immediately with Mint yogurt
- These can be cooked beforehand and reheated.
Indian Food Recipes