LEMON MERINGUE TART IN A CUP
Most of us don’t have the skills of a patisserie chef or a baker to create beautiful desserts. Have you ever started to layer a cake and it starts to fall apart? It happened to me few times and it’s not good I can tell you.
To solve this problem I found a creative and simple way to serve desserts in individual portions that not only make it quick but also create a great display for your tablescape. You just need to make it sure you will get the flavour right!
So today I will teach you how to make very easy and simple lemon meringue tart served into little cups that will be perfect for any occasion.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 200ml double cream
- 50gr white chocolate
- 50 ml or( 2 limes ) juice
- Lime zests
- Crunchy digestive biscuits
- Glass dessert bowls, cups or acrylic dessert cups.
- Crunchy the digestive biscuits in a blender until it crumbles and put aside in a spare bowl.
- Get a medium heavy-based saucepan. Add the condensed milk, 200ml double cream and white chocolate inside the pan and mixed a bit. Heat on a very low heat, stirring with the spatula or wooden spoon all the time. Bring to boil and cook for aprox. 15 min stirring constantly until the mixture thicks a bit and starts to pull away from the bottom when you turn sideways.
- After you turn off the hob keep stirring the mixture as the pan will still be very hot and still cooking.
- Now add the lemon juice into the mixture and mix very well until all is uniform and creamy again.
- To display your lemon meringue tart you will need transparent glasses or dessert cups
- Add a layer of digestive biscuits crumbles on the bottom to create the base of our tart. Pour the creamy lemon mixture until approximately one finger of the top.
- Wait a few minutes to settle and add a few crunched merengues at the top to finish your decoration. Just pinch a little bit of lime zests on the top just for that extra chef’s touch!!!
Served room temperature or cold. Enjoy it!!!
Sweet Treats & Desserts