Gluten Free Pancakes
Not to brag but we make some killer pancakes at home. Infact so much so that none of us actually like eating pancakes outside of our kitchen. They are fluffy but crispy, sweet but salty and with the right toppings can taste just divine!
Lately we all have a little more time to prepare our meals and enjoy them with each other. No more rushing and grabbing breakfast on the go! So at our house we really make the most of it – Heck, we live in the kitchen!
This pancake recipe has been a trail and error from many years of pinterest cooking and I can safely say this will be my forever pancake recipe!! Would love to have you try and tell me what you think and how did it turn out for you?
- 1 cup Flour ( we use gluten free )
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter / ghee
- 1 egg
- 3/4 – 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp distilled vinegar
- Sieve the dry ingredients together….
- Depending on how thick you want your pancakes, add milk. I like to add 3/4 cup. You can also make crepes with the same batter, in which case you can make it thinner by adding more milk or a little water.
- Mix in the egg and ghee / butter.
- After everything is blended well, mix in the vinegar – this is when you see the batter really fluff up. It might smell of vinegar for a minute but doesn’t change the taste or smell of the pancake.. in fact makes it delicious!
- You can make them ahead of time and put them zip locks. Heat before eating and they still taste the same. You can also freeze them while you have the time now. I’ve made them as muffins and used them for lunch boxes too!
- Add on your favourite toppings or serve with greek yoghurt and fruits!!
I’d love to see your pictures and hear what you thought about this recipe.
I’m sharing all my favourite recipes. Follow me to see more!!
Sharing my passion of food with you!