Prep time: 10 – 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 -2 pieces of garlic crushed
- 1 tomato cut in quarters
- Salt to taste
- ½ or 1 mug of Lentils – Soak lentils for 10 mins
- 1 Cup of red or brown lentils = 3 cups of water
- 5 – 6 tbsp of oil
- 2 – 3 green chilli
- 3 – 4 pieces of garlic crushed
- 1cm of ginger root finely chopped
- A handful of fresh Coriander leaves
- Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer until lentils are cooked and the water has reduced to less than half.
- In a separate frying pan add oil and heat on low flame. Add chilli, garlic and ginger and let it sizzle. Remove from heat and add to your dhal as a garnish and top it up with fresh chopped corriander.
Serve immediately or store in containers. This dish is great for making ahead of time or meal prepping. Can be served with Rice or Chapatis.
Why not try with Bombay Aloo to make a full Indian Meal!
Indian Food Recipes