Chicken tikka is such a versatile dish – you can make a meal of it or a quick starter to serve with drinks.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- ½ kg of boneless chicken (cubed)
- 5 – 6 tbsp of tandoori masala
- 2 – 3 tbsp of yoghurt
- 1 tbsp of lemon
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 pepper quartered
- A handful of chopped coriander
- A few skewers
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl, mix till you get a smooth paste (except chicken, onion & pepper).
- Add the chicken and coat it well.
- put into the fridge ideally overnight or 2-3 hrs before use.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Skew the chicken, onion and peppers on a skewer. Repeat until all the chicken and veg has been used up.
- Place on a baking tray and drizzle with oil.
- Cook for 30 mins, do turn them around once or twice until cooked.
Serve immediately on a wrap or chapatis with salad.
View some of my other RECIPES to complete your Indian Feast!
Indian Food Recipes