Chana Masala is a dry dish when accompanied with Puri (type of bread), it’s delicious. You can also make it more runny and enjoy it with rice.
>>>> Click here for the Puri Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins – 1 hour
- 6 tbsp of oil
- 1 green chilli
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp whole seeds
- 1 medium onion, halved and finely sliced
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- Can of chickpeas
- ½ cup of water
- handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Set a medium-size pan over medium heat. When it’s hot, pour in the oil.
- Tip in the onions and sauté until soft and golden. Add splashes of water to prevent any sticking.
- Add the tomatoes and cook.
- Add the ginger, garlic & spices, mix well, and then let it cook down.
- Add the chickpeas.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water and let it come to the boil.
- After 5 minutes turn the heat to low and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Keep stirring.
- Add the coriander leaves and mix well.
Serve with immediately with Puri (Click for Recipe)
Find loads of other RECIPES to complete your Indian Feast!
Indian Food Recipes