Capcay or Indonesian stir-fried vegetables
This dish can be made as Vegan dish or mixed with meats such as chicken, shrimp or fish meatballs.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 200 gr cauliflower
- 100 baby sweetcorn
- A handful Cherry tomatoes
- 200 gr Mushroom
- 1 large Onion
- 100 gr Mangetout
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, slice in 1cm length
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 50 ml hot water
- 2 tbsp corn starch mix with 50 ml cold water
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (can opt out if nut allergy)
- Cooking oil
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and sautee the chopped garlics over medium heat until fragrant. Add in the sliced onion and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add halved mushroom and sautee until nicely browned.
- Add baby sweetcorn, mangetout, carrot, and cauli flower which has been par-boiled separately. Add soy sauce and stir fry for about 5 minutes. Add the 50 ml hot water.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and spring onion. Cook shortly until just wilted. Adjust the seasoning.
- Add the corn starch, stir quickly and cook until the soup becomes thicker. Remove from heat and serve hot with rice or can be eaten on its own.
Make sure to Follow my Profile Page to receive many more new recipes!!
Indonesian Food Recipes