BRAZILIAN CHOCOLATE BRIGADEIRO
In every birthday celebration around the world we normally have a cake and some candles that always help to symbolize that moment. But in Brazil, there is something else. Besides that, we also must have a very simple but incredibly flavoured little sweet. This delicious homemade chocolate ball known in Brazil as Brigadeiro, has been part of the Brazilian culture for more than 70 years and is one of the most loved and traditional Brazilian desserts of all time .
Brigadeiro became very popular due its simple recipe and practicality. It is such an easy treat to prepare that with only three ingredients anybody can do at home!
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 tablespoons chocolate powder
1 tablespoon butter
200 gms chocolate sprinkles
25/30 small paper cups
- Get a medium heavy-based saucepan and a silicone spatula. Add all the ingredients inside the pan and mix. Stir on a very low heat with the spatula or wooden spoon. Bring to boil and cook for 10-15 min, stirring constantly until the mixture is thick starts to pull away from the bottom.
- After the dough is ready you pour the brigadeiro dough onto a lightly buttered plate and let chill for at least to hours. (You can cover with some cling film and put inside the fridge).
- When the dough is all settle you can spread some chocolate sprinkles in a bowl. With a teaspoon you can get small quantities of brigadeiro and with a little bit of butter spread in your hand start to roll the dough into little balls, wrapp in chocolate sprinkles and place it in the paper cup.
- Now your brigadeiro is all finished and ready to go for your dessert table or just to be savoured straight away.
- Put the kids to roll them and wrap in the sprinkles, they will love to help and decorate their own brigadeiros. It is definitely very sweet a great fun for the whole family to enjoy!!!
*Tip: if even after hours the brigadeiro is still soft and you are not able to roll them just start to dig in with a spoon and enjoy as a creamy dessert with some cake, fruits or simple on its own!
Sweet Treats & Desserts